Qc Welding Inspector Resume Samples
QC Welding Inspectors check welding work safety and functionality. The following tasks are often seen on QC Welding Inspector resumes: making sure proper equipment is being used, making welding technique improvement suggestions, checking welding specifications, and preparing reports for supervisors. Based on our collection of resume samples, these employees should demonstrate welding expertise, accuracy, the ability to interpret technical drawings, problem solving orientation, and analytical thinking. An Associate's Degree is usually sufficient for this role.
Looking for job listings? Check out our Qc Welding Inspector Jobs page.
Qa/qc Welding Inspector
I arranged, coordinated, and audited NDE requirements and did visual inspections of welds.
- I used P&IDs, blue prints, plot graphs and piping isometrics to walk down piping systems and red lined isometrics and other drawings.
- I created work packages and test packages which included weld maps and flange bolt up maps.
- I performed daily inspections of welders, welding rods, and rod temperature. I also was instructed to witness hydro tests on different piping systems.
- I kept up with welder qualifications and checked flange and gasket bolt ups and torques.
- I wrote detailed welding and piping punch lists for foreman.
- I also kept track of x-rays/weld logs and all NDE logs.
Qc Welding Inspector
Witness Welder Qualification Test, Fit-up Inspection, monitoring Preheating and Post Weld Heat Treatment, Inspection of Dye Penetrant Test, Hardness test, Visual Inspection for welding.
- Monitoring all welding activities for various material such as Duplex, Alloy steel especially for Cracking area of Cross Over and Radiant Coil.
- Pipe spools and support fabrication.
- Pipe spools and supports installation on platform.
- To carry out the Hydrostatic testing.
QC Welding Inspector
Checking the preparation of cutting, bevelling, parent material identity, and all that is not allowed according to the fabrication shop drawings.
- Welding Essential Variables: Preheating temperature, consumables and the welding monitoring as well as amperage, volts, travel speed, heat input and inter-pass temperature according to the welding procedure specification (WPS).
- Make sure pre-weld, during weld, post-weld, dimensional control against fabrication drawings.
- Carrying about Visual Inspection: It depends on code requirements and drawings.
Qa/qc Welding Inspector
Work performed for Petrochemical and Refinery turnarounds and revamps
- Supervision of weld inspection, tracking and production
- Radiography film interpretation
- Coordination of non-destructive testing and heat treatment
- Compliance with company's Quality Control Manual and ASME codes and NBIC code for "R" stamp repairs and alterations
- Fabrication of pipe and field installation
- Repairs and alterations of pressure vessels and boilers
- Welder/Pipe Fitter, Fabrication of pipe for the unloading oil stations
Qa/qc Welding Inspector
Final walk downs on completed systems
- Mechanical Pump Alignments
- Verify All documentation
- Inspect Pipe to B31.3 Code
QC Welding Inspector
- Weld mapping
- Hydrostatic testing
- Weld testing for new welders
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.
Quality Inspector Cover Letter
Quality Inspectors work in manufacturing units or for software development companies and are responsible for making sure products follow specifications. Typical duties of a Quality Inspector include reading blueprints and specifications, measuring materials, running tests, accepting or rejecting finished items, maintaining a safe working environment, returning products for re-work, completing reports, summarizing waste, making recommendations for improvement, and updating their job knowledge.
An eligible cover letter sample for Quality Inspector should focus on the following skills and qualifications:
- Quality control expertise
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods
- Attention to details and observational skills
- Organization and planning
- Time management and being able to work to tight deadlines
- Effective communication
- Computer competences
- Quality focus
- Operations research
Those interested in a Quality Inspector career can check comparable skills and experience in the cover letter example displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Quality Inspector Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Chalk:
It is with strong interest that I present to you the enclosed resume in response to your posting for a new Quality Inspector. As a skilled, ambitious, and results-driven professional with comprehensive expertise in quality assurance and validation—combined with a dedication to product quality excellence—I possess a wide range of knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your company.
My background spans excellent experience inspecting production lines, work areas, and finished products to drive continuous quality improvements and ensure compliance with client and industry regulations. From testing samples and measuring items to updating databases and repairing defect products, my experience is certain to render me an asset to your team. Furthermore, my expertise in federal and ISO requirements and standards positions me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Consider the following highlights of my achievements:
- Completing all facets of process inspections of mechanical, electrical, and optical and components for Wrigley Manufacturing, Inc.; developing processes and specifications for quality inspection of all finished items and goods for incoming inspection, production in-line inspection, and final dispatch.
- Utilizing calibrated measuring instruments, technical drawings, and PIIs to successfully perform various inspections.
- Rejecting and documenting all products and materials that failed to meet specifications; routing such items back to initial production and/or repair as appropriate.
- Managing vital quality control initiatives, compliance concerns, audits, and operational processes and procedures within company guidelines.
- Facilitating the training of new QIs; chosen to lead annual training refresher program to meet company-wide certification standards.
- Demonstrating outstanding analytical, staff leadership, problem-solving, and communication abilities.
My commitment to maximizing quality assurance and validation through meticulous quality inspections, along with my acute knowledge of quality audits and compliance issues, will certainly contribute immensely to the success of your team.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Glenn J. Parrish