Sample cover letter for an office manager
To be considered for top office manager jobs, your cover letter needs to stand out. View this sample cover letter for inspiration.
Searching for an office manager job? This sample office manager cover letter below will help you manage to convince employers of your skills. And if you need more tips, the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you craft a high-impact resume and cover letter that can impress employers.
Additionally you can learn more about business careers and search for office manager jobs on Monster.
1414 Northwest Drive
Sometown, NJ 55555
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Mr. Jorge Matthews
ABC123 Retail Company
1414 Park Avenue West
Sometown, NJ 55555
Dear Mr. Matthews:
As an avid ABC123 Retail Company customer, I was excited to find your advertisement on Monster.com for an office manager for your new district headquarters. I couldn’t wait to submit my resume, which is enclosed for your review.
I currently serve as office manager for a busy financial services firm (XYZ Company), where I supervise a team of 12 employees and coordinate all office functions. My strengths in improving office systems and building a top-performing clerical team have earned repeated commendations and formal recognition from the company CEO.
Your new headquarters would benefit from my administrative and managerial skills. I offer:
- Ten years of experience leading front- and back-office administration and serving as a trusted assistant to senior executives;
- Well-honed office management skills, including hiring and supervising clerical staff; scheduling, calendaring and event planning; preparing reports; administering records management systems; and developing Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations;
- The ability to anticipate executives’ needs, follow through on all details and tactfully handle sensitive situations; and
- Computer proficiency, including a solid foundation in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), Lotus Notes and QuickBooks.
I am confident that I would be able to organize and manage your new headquarters to create a smooth-running office. If you agree that my qualifications and passion for your company would make me a strong addition to your team, please call me at (555) 555-5555 or email email@example.com to set up a meeting. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Is your cover letter ready to be seen by hiring managers? Join Monster today. You can upload up to five cover letters and resumes. Recruiters search Monster every day to find outstanding office manager candidates just like you.
Executive Assistant Cover Letter
Write a compelling executive assistant cover letter to send with your resume and make the right impression.
Stand out from the competition with a well written and instructive cover letter that gets your resume read and gets you the job interview.
Highlight your suitability for the job with a persuasive resume objective and skills summary.
Adapt this sample letter to create your own unique cover letter for both executive assistant and secretarial job opportunities.
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mrs Mary Stevens
15 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mrs Stevens
It is with great interest that I respond to your recent advertisement in XYZ for an Executive Assistant. I am enthusiastic about the scope of the position and I am confident that my experience and abilities closely match your criteria. Please allow me to highlight my skills as they relate to your stated requirements.
- Over six years experience effectively supporting executive level staff including the CFO and CEO.
- Efficient management and preparation of correspondence and communications.
- In depth collection, analysis and integration of information.
- Complex scheduling and organizing of meetings, appointments and travel arrangements.
- Proven success in the development and implementation of improved administrative processes.
- A reputation as a self-directed worker who uses her initiative to get the job done in a fast-paced work environment with demanding deadlines.
I believe I can make a positive contribution to your company and I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you for an in-depth discussion. I am available for an interview at your earliest convenience, please contact me via phone or email to arrange a time and date for us to meet.
Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Your cover letter should clearly highlight how your skills, strengths and experience match the job requirements.
Use the List of Strengths to identify your strengths.
Help for Your Executive Assistant Resume
Make sure your resume is professional and well written. Use the sample Executive Assistant Resume to help you.
Administrative Assistant Resume
Office Manager Resume
Use this comprehensive Executive Assistant Job Description to confirm the essential task and competency requirements for the job.
Secretary Job Description
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Office Manager Job Description
Executive Assistant Cover Letter Help
Administrative Assistant Cover Letter
Secretary Cover Letter
Email Cover Letter
Executive Assistant Cover Letter Tips
Executive Assistant Job Interview Guides
Executive Assistant Interview Questions
Administrative Assistant Interview Questions
Secretary Interview Questions
Top 10 Interview Questions
Communication skills are key to executive assistant jobs so carefully proofread your cover letter before sending it off.
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Executive Assistant
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page